Could this mean , finally, a chance for a third party candidate in 2012?

With the economy clearly the big issue on voters’ minds, Democrats and Republicans alike are ramping up the rhetoric with only six weeks to go before critical midterm elections that will determine who controls Congress.

Yet Americans surveyed in the first of a series of ABC News/Yahoo! News polls, released early Tuesday, have a message for both sides: Many respondents — including a clear majority of independents, who have provided the critical swing votes in many recent elections — have little confidence in either party’s ability to do more for the economy.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 8:36 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it is about time! American political parties have been bloated on power and greed. Our Founding Fathers never intended for our legislators (with the exception of SCOTUS) to be CAREER politicians. IMO, Americans would be better served by a constant turnover of "real life" political leaders. You know the people that actually live amount us...the high school teacher, the owner of the corner bakery, a nurse from the hospital...........the people that are the foundation of this country.

Sweet, this is a good question! Thanks!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:45 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I would love to see a third party candidate! I don't think it will actually happen this election, but maybe we are getting closer.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:25 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I am glad we can agree on something sweet! Mark your calendar. I have always said I am an equal opportunity hater!! LOL

You know "we the people" can help with funding. We have to change where we give our money and we have to push for legislation previnting unions/corporations and other special interests from giving. We should also push for legislation limiting what can be spent on an election. IMO, the high dollar elections are simply sickening when there are hungry kids and people losing their homes.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:53 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I sure hope so.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:03 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I hope so too. It's the system that is perpetrating the problems. Only an educated person wouldn't want this change to happen. Those who vote along straight party lines are a huge part of the problem; endorsing the crap that has become our bureaucratic sludge.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:39 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• A social conservative has zero change of getting elected in this era- too many people, too many POVs- Look at the places where the bulk of the people live, no way. Fiscal conservative yes, social no way.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:36 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 8:36 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Your welcome. I would prefer a third option. Actually, the more the better.

It is more difficult because they won't have either of the machines behind them

I think the first will need to be someone with NAME RECOGNITION

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 8:54 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• You know the people that actually live amount us...the high school teacher, the owner of the corner bakery, a nurse from the hospital...........

I agree with this. My Mom and I were discussing a few months ago. The congress lose touch with their area's , they only say what is needed to get elected but aren't living in the area and don't know or believe in what is REALLY needed

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 8:56 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I am an equal opportunity hater!!

hey, that's me and my sisters line! LOL

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 11:02 AM on Sep. 21, 2010