Should I file a claim?

I was rear ended last night while driving home from work. My car doesn't appear to have any damage and so far I'm not feeling any pain. Should I still file a claim with the other driver's insurance company?

MomMom23

Asked by MomMom23 at 9:28 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Health

• If there is no damage and you aren't injured what would you file?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:30 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• No. It can cause your insurance rates to go up regardless of if it was your fault or not. If there is no damage and your not hurt there is no reason to.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 9:32 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I work in an ER and people come in all the time having had car accidents. They always say they felt fine and then experienced neck and back pain later. I don't want to end up having to pay for this if it turns out I was injured.
    MomMom23

Comment by MomMom23 (original poster) at 9:33 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• If there is no damage and you feel fine, then no. Most people in accidents play up their minor injuries to get more money, lol. That why you see people in the ER acting like that.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 9:38 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I agree with a couple of the other posters - if you were rearended it could reveal itself later. Open the claim, and keep it open until you are sure you haven't experienced any injury.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:44 PM on Sep. 21, 2010