I graduated high school 9 yrs ago and never continued my education, now that I look @ others who went to school with me and see that most went to college,I feel that I'm less, I'm married and have my 8 yr old, and most of them are still single but have careers should I be feeling this way? I guess sometimes I regret not going to college, anyone else outthere feeling the same way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• They are probably looking at you and your 8 yo and wishing they had chose your path :) I think it's normal to wonder "what if?"

If you want to continue your education, do it! I plan on finishing my degree when my youngest starts preschool.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:52 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• well chance are, they are envious about you. You are married and have a beautiful child. ALSO it's not too late to go back to school. But I understand what you are feeling. Been there, done that.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:52 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• It is NEVER too late to go back to college!! Don't do it for anybody but you! If this is a goal you want to personal consider then go for it! Enjoy the life that is before you!
    Skavswife

Answer by Skavswife at 9:53 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I did... so I went back to school.... 26 and a collage freshman I had a great time and did very well. So, now i have two kids, and hubby AND a job I LOVE!!! ;o) I know a lot of people that have gone back. Don't look back, look forward.... Do what feels right for you!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 10:12 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• College will always be there; it's never too late to go.

As for what others may or may not be thinking about you, let them. Go on with your life and do what makes you happy.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 10:49 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Many of my friends have advanced degrees and sometimes I felt I was missing out on something because I never went back to school. But, as so many ladies have already mentioned, school will always be there. You can never regain the time with your family.
    AsiaCansler

Answer by AsiaCansler at 12:29 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• If you feel regretful, why not go to school now? It's not too late. You don't want to be an old woman and look back and say I wish I had done this or I wish I had done that.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:18 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• no matter what path you took you will always look back and think what if and then be glad you did what you did
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 5:29 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Your not alone, I married young and have three beautiful children. I decided to work in a daycare as toddler/preschool teacher.I got a discount so my kids could be there. I went back to school part time. This way i could still be close to them while working. I loved my job so much, I then decided to further my education for elementary teaching. ( I took classes while they were in school) Now have my masters degree and substitute teach , I work around my kids needs . It's all about juggling your families needs while not loosing your own self worth and happiness. Find what your passionate about.

aussielee

Answer by aussielee at 10:01 AM on Sep. 22, 2010