START potty training

at what age did you start potty training you son?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 25 months. but I wish I waited till now, at 2.5. He is grasping it really well these days. Would have saved me a ton of hands and knees clean up if i waited lol. When children show readiness signs, it doesnt always mean they will be on board! Potty training really needs to be child led. I read about parents waking their child up in the middle of the night to take them to the potty...that's uncalled for. Their bladder and muscle control will naturally develop in time. Not to say you shouldnt go with it when they show readiness signs! Just don't force it upon them.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:57 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Started at 18 months but he quickly got bored of it. So, then we started again when he turned 2 and two months later he was fully potty trained.
    When you start to potty train your son, skip over the pull ups and put him in underwear. It helps them learn faster.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:16 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I started at 3. Finished 3 days later. Completely trained.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:25 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• First - I started at 2 years 4 months and he was trained a month later. 2nd son got it at 2 years 9 months.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:48 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I started Jacob just a few months ago and it only took about three days and he was trained.
    lovinmy3babies

Answer by lovinmy3babies at 11:40 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• yeah start it.
    Why wait.
    Do you want to have to buy diapers forever?
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 1:56 PM on Sep. 21, 2010