something wrong i think catfood smells amazing this go round..

i feed my kitty meow mix and cat treats and realized that i would eat it if it weren't well... cat food. sounds like pica but cant figure out why id want it i don't seem to be missing anything in my diet its odd i wont eat the stuff it just smells soooooo good... its a strange question lol

Kittty_Katt

Asked by Kittty_Katt at 9:51 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That's funny! It may be pica, maybe not - your nose is more sensitive now, maybe you just never noticed it smelling good before?

Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:54 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• A friend of mine wanted Dawn dish soap. Her doctor actually told her one TSP a day was fine. And the crazy thing is she did it! ITs crazy the things that we crave while we are pregnant.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 9:54 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Honey, you are just pregnant. Thats all. Have a good laugh at yourself and don't sweat it :)
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:56 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Has your iron been checked lately? You can sometimes crave "non edible" things if your iron is low :)
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 9:57 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i was actually anemic my last pregnancy but my irons great this time. yeah my bf says that i just smell the cat food like the cat does that we have somethin in common lol
    Kittty_Katt

Comment by Kittty_Katt (original poster) at 10:00 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• when i was breastfeeding, i had eaten a bunch of my moms home made cookies (she makes the best cookies!) anyway, i was breastfeeding and my daughters poo smelled like cookies, i found it (her poop) very pleasant smelling

AH, horomones! and what it does to our senses
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:01 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I wanted to eat raw pork when I was pregnant with my youngest. Of course I didn't but raw breakfast sausage smelled/looked sooo good. Told my doc and sure enough I was really anemic. She had me use OTC iron first but it was just not bringing it up. Needed a stronger script. Finally close to the end I lost my desire to eat raw pork when my iron came up enough
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 10:02 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• see we are positive im not suffering from low iron {thank god} i just dunno if when i go to my dr i should say anything cause ts not really a harmful thing and im not eating it..
    Kittty_Katt

Comment by Kittty_Katt (original poster) at 10:04 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Yum :)
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:04 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Try eating some tuna.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:16 AM on Sep. 21, 2010