What to do?

How can i know that a family is good enough to adopt my daughter.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Adoption

• Adoption agencies screen potential homes pretty well, some even go so far as psychological exams. Trust that they will find a good loving home, and trust your instincts as well. Hugs to you.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:56 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Scuba is right about that. I just want you to know you are an amazing woman to do this for your child. My sister gave my nephew up for adoption and he now has an amazing life. Now 10 years later they are both happy. He got everything she couldn't give him. And he has a sister! :)
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 9:58 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Instincts, a womans intuition.

If you get a bad vibe stick with it. Your motherly feelings never lie to you.

Good luck!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:58 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I will go with scuba answer.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 10:00 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• you will never know with your head
    but your heart will know
    trust your heart! (instincts)
    you will know when you find the right family
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:04 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Adoption agencies.. you can go through several parent profile records and find the perfect one for you!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:06 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• You can't know, it's a leap of faith. Adoptive parents aren't perfect, no one is. Adoptive families are just like anyone else, they can get divorced, get sick, lose their jobs, go bankrupt etc, just like anyone else. You may get lucky and have a great adoptive family like my sons, or you may find your child being raised by a divorced financially struggling single mom. It's a crap shoot.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 12:52 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Our adoption was a private adoption. I got the chance to get to know our son's birthmom throughout her pregnancy. The time we spent together getting to know each other was wonderful, and we do have such a special bond. The promises I made to her, are the promises I have kept. Please if you are looking into open adoption make sure the adoptive parents want the same. Sometimes sadly the adoptive parents feelings differ after the final adoption. Adoption has no guarantees, so please be careful. If you can spend time with the family then you should, maybe getting to know them will help.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 12:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Going through an agency or private attorney can help you find profiles of what should be pre-screened potential adoptive parents. However its important to remember that you can't every be guaranteed that you will find the "perfect" family. All people are subject to the same hardships as everyone else out there as Onethentwins stated. Some birth moms are lucky to find a family true to their word, others are not. It is a leap of faith.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 2:31 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I agree that you can't know "for sure". You're just relying on a stranger's word. The only heart you can truly know is your own.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 5:36 PM on Sep. 21, 2010