Is this on purpose or mere coincidence?

My x (daughters father) lives in another state I have not seen him in 11 years. My friend realized he lives in that state-she is bored unfortunately laid off from work and we just started hanging out again, she knows him very well. So she looked him up for fun.
We were talking about the good old times about him and her X who were friends. When the phone rang late a private number, I said hello-they didn't say anything then they hung up. The next day I get a email from some guy in the same state asking me to be friends-I don't know him, and he is not associate with any of my friends. So of course I denied it. I asked do I know you? He said: not really just liked your pic. I only have friends & people I know on face book. I am out of my relationship just recently and wondering w/everything under my name phone, facebook and all could it be. What do you think? Either way it does not matter but just curious. I think it funny..

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 9:54 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• i think if you got these anon friend requests before , then not him
    but you made it seem that you do not get these requests
    so yes, i think it is related

the simplest answer that makes the most sense is the answer 99% of the time
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:06 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• usually the simplest answer is the answer
    if you feel that the things are related, they most likely are
    maybe is he just cursoius, but a childish way to go about it
    did the request from the man have a picture?
    if you accepted, then you can look at his profile, if he has no friends at all, then it was just made to contact you
    ?? imo, it is too coincidendental
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:59 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I won't accept him as a friend, and yes he is very childish. I left him when I was pregnant with my second child he never met her, but did stuff that was childish.

He sent them a xmas box when he knew i was with someone else, not a birthday card for 4-5 years nothing, then his sister told him about my new relationship and he bought the girls tons of stuff. He is very, very childish.. :) It is sooo funny though, he thinks i am nieve to his ways. Not anymore...
    KFree907

Comment by KFree907 (original poster) at 10:03 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I don't see how it would relate in the slightest.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:03 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• It's always a possibility. I guess i might think the same thing you're thinking too. I can see how it would relate.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:07 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• They are in the same town and state, I forgot to put that. It is just wierd. :) Maybe it is nothing but it was wierd how it went down...

With facebook, it is more connection you can't just look up woman-age like myspace, and stuff like that. It is usually through friends you meet people and he don't have any friends of mine. So that is why I was curious.

Who knows you could be right..
    KFree907

Comment by KFree907 (original poster) at 10:09 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I never recieved and anon.

It was either through a friend or family nothing anon... That is what makes it so wierd.

It would say friends in common or something like that, I even looked up his name on my friends list...

Like I said either way it is wierd to me...
    KFree907

Comment by KFree907 (original poster) at 10:12 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Doesn't sound like coincidence to me.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:19 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• The scary part is I moved to the same town as his sister, that was not on purpose if I would have known I would have never moved their but I love the town and she hates it so she is looking to get out, and she has kids in the same grade levels as mine. They are cousins. I feel bad but I don't want to hurt my kids by telling them I just let it be for now. If I see her, i would say hello, how are you? how are the kids? that is good. Take care..

I am not pushing my kids on anyone that does not want to bother not even family.. Sad but true.
    KFree907

Comment by KFree907 (original poster) at 10:23 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I would think that the guy was prob someone that saw you on your FRIEND'S Face Book. If she lives there it is likely that people in her area would look her up... then see you on her page.

BTW how did an anon get your phone # from Face Book? You should have better privacy settings

Sounds like you still have a tinge of hang-up on your Ex or would secretly want him to be looking for you
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 10:51 AM on Sep. 21, 2010