Can Being Sick make the baby sick?

I'm not sure if i have strep throat or a cold. Can it affect the baby if i don't go to the doc till after work?

jolee0222

Asked by jolee0222 at 10:05 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no, you will be fine
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:06 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• If the baby is going to get it he will get it regardless of if you wait until after work or not.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:07 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• no it will just be you not feeling well. I would go in as soon as possible. Because if you have step throat. you will be sharing it with all your coworkers. I hope you feel better soon.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:08 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Just remember to wash your hands and don't kiss the baby or exchange stuff from your mouth to the baby.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 10:14 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• LOL no way i can kiss the baby yet :0) she's not due till January
    jolee0222

Comment by jolee0222 (original poster) at 10:20 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• You're fine! =)
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:21 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• LOL i'm so sorry ladies. i should have clarified that i'm 22 weeks pregnant and that's my concern :0) i can't think right now lol
    jolee0222

Comment by jolee0222 (original poster) at 10:24 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• You should be fine until after work. The only way it can affect the baby when you are sick is when you get a very high fever and have to be hospitalized so take care of yourself and try to take it easy and rest as much as possible since your immune system is lower during pregnancy. You should be fine. GL!
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 10:34 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• when you are distressed the baby can feel it. i do not think the baby gets the same symptoms as you. but what you need to do is go to the doctor and tell them what is going on. and that you are pregnant. they will help you out. i have a really bad sinus infection that lasted for a couple months at the beginning of this pregnancy. and went to the doctor. they gave me zpac and told me to take it easy and get lots of rest and fluids. i did and i am better. and my lil man is my belly is still kicking. ooooo is he ever! lol
    courtneyrogers

Answer by courtneyrogers at 10:09 AM on Sep. 22, 2010