Cysts on babies neck found during ultrasound at 34 weeks...

I am pregnant with #3 and high risk pregnancy because of my age and having Polyhydramnios(high levels of amniotic fluid) due to having big babies. I have NST's and Bpp's every couple of days at the hospital and during yesterday's ultrasound they found a cyst on the back of the babies neck. I already have an appointment with the Geneticist for next Wednesday but my DH and I are really concerned and they won't give me any answers as to what this may be if anything. I have to wait for the test and my doctors explanation. I read things online but it is not giving me information for finding a cyst this late in pregnancy. All info I found was info. for 1st & early 2nd trimester findings. The info. has stated something about possible down syndrome. I had an amniocentesis at 18 wks was fine. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before and what was the outcome or results? Did you have to wait until baby was born to find out?

Congenial

Asked by Congenial at 10:22 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I haven't experienced this, I'm sorry you are going through it. Don't google anymore! :) Honestly, it's just going to scare you. I know it's hard, but wait until you speak with the doctor. Often times things like this are easy to treat, or may not even need treatment, you know? Try to relax.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:25 AM on Sep. 21, 2010