what kind of diapers do you use and have you had any problems with others?

i REALLY wanna try clothe diapers but i am getting a little nervous about it, i am 25 weeks preg and not sure. i also thought about G diapers and composting them b/c we have a septic tank and i dont want to risk it backign up, but not sure if i will beable to use all the compost, i dont garden or anything( would like to) conventional diapers just dont appel to me not b/c of price but more b/c of chemicals and not being able to decompose in landfills.. help!! i dont know what to do

melis1029

Asked by melis1029 at 6:17 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i highly recommend cloth diapers! check out my journal post about the different kinds:
    http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1259938/Cloth_Diapers_new_and_improved

my personal favourite are the bumGenius! one-size 3.0 diapers. they fit from birth to potty training, so its a one time investment.

i have g-diapers for the babysitter and for when i'm out and about. even if you simply throw away the gdiaper liners its still so much better than disposables, because gdiapers will decompose in a matter of months as opposed to centuries.

if you have any questions, feel free to message me. i love talking about my diapers ^_^
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 6:24 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I respect you for wanting to try cloth diapers. Good luck. I wouldn't do it myself... I use pampers, and have had a few issues with Huggies. Pampers rock!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I always used Pampers and they never leaked or caused rash. Huggies gave me some issues so I will use Pamps again.

How do cloth diapers work anyway? I mean I get the basic idea but how do you keep up with all the changes and do you just wash a poopy diaper in your washer? Sounds yucky to me.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 10:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I use whatever diaper has a good sale and a coupon. I never had any issues with any brand of diapers. I've never used cloth because I have enough laundry as it is. I recycle cans and newspapers and carpool.
    lilmomma4

Answer by lilmomma4 at 10:46 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• hell yes! i love pampers too! huggies leak. so ive been buying pampers for 8mths now =) Luvs are good too that dont leak.
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 12:58 AM on Oct. 20, 2008