School Pictures: Who was right?

My kids had school pictures this morning and my 5 year old and my 3 year old wanted to wear their silly bands.
Well when they went to get set up for thier pictures the lady just grabbed the silly bands and took them off my daughters wrist and said, "We need to take these off for the picture." Automatically now my kids (who WERE excited about the pictures) are not wanting to do the pictures and don't want that lady messing with them because she is taking their stuff without even talking to my kids about it. She just grabbed my oldests wrist and took them off as she said that above to herself... not even to me or anyone else.
Well, I told her to give them back to my daughter because if she wants to wear them I don't care and I think they're cute. She looked at me as if I was stupid and I again told her to put them back.
Needless to say, my kids and I were displeased and they didn't even smile in the pictures.
Was I wrong?

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 10:25 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• You were definitely right! I don't care if she is taking the picture, she should not judge what your child is wearing in it! I don't care if the they were wearing a giant green hat with purple polka dots, it is not her place to determine what your child should be wearing, simply to snap the camera and get a picture of them!
    Way to Go Mama! Glad you stuck up for your kids!!!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:49 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Nope.. You are the parent & you can dress them however you want! Those picture people are always so bitchy anyway..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:27 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• No you weren't wrong, but most parents wouldn't stand up for their children like that. If your child wants to wear silly bands in the school picture then so be it. I would be letting the school know how displeased I was as well as the company that she is contracted through.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:27 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Is this for a public school?
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:27 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• You were NOT wrong. Like you said they are YOUR kids not hers and I think it is adorable that they wanted something of their own in the pictures. I do not like it when they mess with your childrens hair either after you made it the way you wanted it for the pictures. That happened to me!! Why do they do that?

I hope you took the time to complain to either the studio manager or the principle! They need to know what happened.

Good for you for stepping in!!!
    Skavswife

Answer by Skavswife at 10:28 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• no you were no wrong, you handled it alot better than i would have, noone has any right to touch your kid
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:29 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• No you were not in the wrong. She was.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:29 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• nope not wrong your paying for the pictures, she should have asked you!
    Becnfamily

Answer by Becnfamily at 10:33 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Do them again at home.. I had bad experiences with school pictures and eventually stopped having my kids done. They need to train these people better to deal with children. I'm sorry this happened to you and your kids.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:39 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I am always less than impressed by school pictures and would just do them again yourself. I don't know why she cared that they were wearing those bands.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:51 AM on Sep. 21, 2010