How do I get my 2 teenage boys from stop talking back and start doing what they are told?

They just dont listen. I tell them they are grounded and they just dont listen and they take off anyway.. I am so tired of it. Just wish they would behave.

Dreamer105

Asked by Dreamer105 at 10:37 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• this is what my mom did with my brother after he got arrested for having pot on him at 15! she took away his car, his allowance, cell phone, computer, tv, everything. for a month! then when he did try to leave she called the cops on him. he caught on that she wasnt playing around real fast! u just have to be tough! they may hate u for it now but later on they will thank you for it! good luck and stick to ur guns! ur the parent its ur house ur rules!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:48 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• You have to make some rules, and then you have to stick with it. Be consistent and if they don't follow through have a list of things that will be taking away, (friend time, video games, etc), depending on what they do wrong. Give warnings, but follow through! It'll take a while before it's like a routine, at first they will resist. Be firm, but loving and DON'T tolerate them disrespecting you.

mom-de-uno

Answer by mom-de-uno at 10:56 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I used hot sauce at first but they liked it, I use soap to wash their mouth out.
    sherryv07

Answer by sherryv07 at 11:24 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• When you find out let me know!!! I am going nuts with just one smart alec.
    bcnul8a

Answer by bcnul8a at 11:27 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I have no clue, so I eagerly await the answers from others.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 12:48 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Dad needs to step up and step in... they need to be put in their place by the alpha male
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 1:22 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I have to wonder if this is something that has always happened or if they haven't been given boundaries and responsbilities early on - I'm not trying to be mean, but sometimes if these things haven't been addressed early we loose some control as they get older.

I don't argue with my kids, I walk away. I tell them its really simple the choice is do what you're asked or you don't do anything else.
    If they don't do what they are told they don't get to spend time with their friends. If my children would ever defy that rule and boundary they wouldn't get very far, because I would be following them where ever they think they are going and drag their butts out and back home. I'd also start taking away car keys, cell phones, computer time. Good luck.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:58 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Get firm and stick with it.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:08 AM on Sep. 25, 2010