What would you do?

My Bf and I have a 5mth old together and he seems to think he can just come and go as he pleases. He has taken off for fishing trips, weekends with the guys where he comes home at whatever time he wants to. This last weekend he didn't make it home until 5pm and I had been sick all weekend long. He forgot his cellphone so I couldn't even call him to ask him to come home. I had no help. There has been lots that has been on my mind so I wrote him a long letter and told him how I felt about him always leaving me with all the responsiblity with the baby. Not to mention that his mother is trying everything in her power to get him and his ex back together. It breaks my heart as I told him how I felt about it and he said just to leave it alone. I asked him to remove her from his facebook but refuses to. Now he is mad at me b/c in the note I spoke my mind about how I feel. Seems to me like he can but I can't. What would you

newlifewith3

Asked by newlifewith3 at 10:40 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• What is more worth it...being with him and unhappy or leaving and being unhappy for a little while and finding someone new who will treat you right...personally i don't think you should stay....if he thinks that being a part time father is enough then let him do it....You go and find your happiness....that is something no one can take from you unless you give them the power too....
    sharonnacy

Answer by sharonnacy at 5:39 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• You don't have much pull being that you are just living together. He can come and go as he pleases until you make a commitment that's permanent be it marriage, a commitment ceremony, etc. Right now you are just a woman that had his kid, has sex with him, and a place to keep his stuff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• You don't need that from him. I would make it clear that if he doesn't shape up he's going to lose you and the baby. Then start making plans to move out or if it's your place tell him he has to leave. He'll come crawling back. Sorry to say but he's a typical guy.
    jolee0222

Answer by jolee0222 at 10:49 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I think you deserve much more than he is giving you. good luck
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 10:49 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• maybe he really goin out with his ex gf and not his friend. Just let him go and find someone better. There always someone better out there. Sorry but he a loser.
    sguy1983

Answer by sguy1983 at 10:43 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• His ex doesn't live here she is in Alberta. And I know he goes with his friends but you do have a good point that I am nothing more to him than a toy and a place to keep his stuff!
    newlifewith3

Comment by newlifewith3 (original poster) at 10:47 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• end it it is to much to keep things the way they are.
    madcat500

Answer by madcat500 at 10:48 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• You aren't married, you are a single mom. Get used to it. If you are living together I would kick him out and file for custody and child support. Then he can choose if he wants to marry you and be a husband and father or if he wants to have the single life and maybe even get back with his ex.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:49 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Im sorry he is being so selfish. It sounds like he could care less about your feelings. You have made them clear by writing him a letter and he dosent plan on changing so you have to be strong and do the changing. Be done with him until he is ready to be a father and be respectful of you.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 10:50 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• nothing is worse than being completely alone in a "relationship." I think, ultimately, this is not going to last...tigers dont change their stripes, they have to be committed to wearing a suit that is not their own. sounds like you arent dealing with the highest caliber of people. in a similar situation, i left. (my mistake was that i went BACK) develop as much strength within yourself as you can and keep on keepin' on as they say
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 10:50 AM on Sep. 21, 2010