• In the Spotlight:

Planning my one year old Birthday party?

My daughters birthday is not for another 5months, (March). Well, I like to plan ahead and buy stuff ahead of time. Cause you never know if they will have it again.Well, my grandmother told me it was to soon. Well, I dont think it is. What do you think?

tylersbaby85

Asked by tylersbaby85 at 6:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Your mother is right. Especially when you talk about toys.

You never know what your daughter might like in 5months. My daughter changes her mind about toys every week. LOL
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:24 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• A one year old child doesn't really undertand what's going on and won't remember and it's probably incredibly stressful for her if there's a lot of noice and people around. BasicallyI figure the first birthday is really about you (and any pictures you want to take). Do whatever you want, but I wouldn't go all out.

I like what my friend did for her child's first birthday -- she and her husband got a sitter and went out on a date. She figured the best present she could give her kid was a good strong marriage. (They also bough some small presents and made cupcakes for their child -- but it was very low key.)
    Anonymous