Do u have any regrets about being a SAHM?

im thinking about quitting my job and being a SAHM. i hate my job and i dont make a lot of money either! i would love to be at home with my daughter all the time, but im afraid i might regret it cuz i might get bored and lonely! So do u wish u had stayed working or do u love being at home?

Caroline2010

Asked by Caroline2010 at 10:54 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm 49, my youngest is 18, and I've been a sahm for more than 20 years. I've never regretted it, and never been bored. In fact, there is never enough time in the day to do everything I'd like to do. When my kids were in school, I did a lot of volunteer work at the schools, but I also love to cook and sew, and write, so in between all of the household chores and taking care of my boys, I used those things as a creative outlet.

Everyone is different, but for me, I can't imagine being "bored" with being home.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:58 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I thoroughly enjoyed every minute I spent at home with my son cherishing every milestone and teaching him..
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:56 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I love being a SAHM. We go to playgroups, do things around town(Zoo, children's museum, anything they have going on, library, story time, parks, picnics, bike rides, walks, art crafts and what ever else we can find to do. but yes it is not for everyone.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:57 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i love it...
    Cynt1020

Answer by Cynt1020 at 11:18 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I got involved with several activities, made some new friends, and was happy being a SAHM. It was the right choice for me. You could still have a part time job. I see ads at www.care.com and www.sittercity.com where your child is welcome to be with you. They have several categories of jobs in the pulldowns. Good luck with your decision.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:00 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• ive been home with my 16 month old son since he was born. I AM SO BORED! i do as much with him as i can but still i am so bored. im sick of not having my own money, and never having a real reason to leave the house besides going to the park or to the store. im finishing college though & looking for a job so i dont plan on staying a stay at home mom. i do LOVE being with my son, and i dont ever want to have to put my kids in daycare all day, but i live in NY we cant live on one income and i want to do something with my life too besides just be a mom so.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:01 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I love being at home with my son! I'm more of wah mom now though.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 11:04 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I LOVE IT (:
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 11:05 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I love being a sahm. Sure, it gets tiring sometimes, but overall, it's fun and worth it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:05 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• While I was home finishing my BA...no I did not regret it. I wanted to return to work but knew finishing my BA was more important. If I was sahm now...yea I would. I need adult interaction, I like my own money, and my son attends private school b/c of 2nd income.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:13 AM on Sep. 21, 2010