Need some Christian Advice "Thank You"

Thank you for your responses! I went to church today and God spoke to me during Sunday School and Church. I feel so greatful for all you who told me to tak my kids and go. So Should I just keep going with my kids and try to get my husband and in-laws to go or just keep to myself! I told them how much he kids and I enjoyed it and they said good for you but church is just not for us :(! But God spoke to me. I feel great.

Beccah2

Asked by Beccah2 at 6:25 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am not Christian, but I think that if this was such an uplifting experiance for you, and your kids enjoyed it, then you should continue going. Continue to invite the rest of your family (your husband on in-laws) if there is a potluck or church gathering (I would think inviting every Sunday would be excessive) and leave it at that. You have found something that makes you happy, good for you! You have your kids going with you, so don't let it bring you down that the others do not want to share that experience with you.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:28 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I didn't get a chance to respond before but I will tell you, I have 5 kids and every Sunday and Wednesday I take them to church, alone. My husband isn't saved but he does respect the fact that I am, and I am raising my kids in the same way. But it is hard I won't lie. Its something you really have to pray continually about to stay strong and faithful. You need your church family and so do your children. Keep praying for your husband and in laws salvation. Nothing is impossible.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 6:33 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I know of a GREAT book for wives, written by a Christian, that touches on reaching your husband with the message of Christ through your marriage. If anyone is interested in the title and reading an excerpt please send me a message =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 6:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Keep going, keep taking your kids. I would simply say to your husband "I would really like it if you came with us, any time you would like to come, I would be very happy." and leave it at that. Pray for him, let God transform your life, it will reach your husband. Don't bother him about going. If you feel like telling him what you've learned, then do so, but don't nagg him about comming. Just be respectful. I encourage you to read "the power of a praying wife".
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 7:44 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• First off, I do believe that choosing to follow God is a personal thing. I believe in God and his word and his son, I have a daughter who believes too, but her husband is like I will divorce you if you start this religion thing. (sad), I have a son who dosen't believe in God because he can't see him. I don't preach to any of them, I have asked to talk to my grandkids, and the response was yes, but you see, through the grandkids, their parents may be able to see what and how their kids are acting(better in behavior). But, there are some out there who choose not to believe in God, and you cannot change them. That is their right. You can't turn a rock into money, like you can't turn a person who doesn't believe into a believer. God gave us all the free will to believe, or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 AM on Oct. 20, 2008