Terrible Two's??

Ok, I know most children go through this stage so any advice would be greatly appreciated :)
My 4 yr old never did this so its new to me.

My DD turned 2 a couple weeks ago she throws the worst tantrums I'v ever seen especially when she's sleepy which is a lot. How did you all handle the terrible 2's??

AWebber212

Asked by AWebber212 at 10:56 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just keep telling yourself that it is just a stage. And time outs worked for us. Oh, and if they started throwing a fit in the store for whatever reason (mainly because they wanted something and I told them no) I would throw a fit right there in the middle of the store with them. It would embarrass them, and they stopped. :)
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 11:08 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Well she may need to take naps if she does not....and when it comes to tantrums the best thing is to ignore it....(unless she is hurting herself or someone else)...Once they see that you are not paying them any attention when they are having a fit they will calm themselfs down and then you can find out the problem...Remember you much always look calm....And once you decided on what works then you need to stick with it.....My kids when they started a tantrum i would put them in a coner to calm themselves....but that is only when they were having an all out no holds bar tantrum....if she is kicking or hitting the floor leave her where she is as long as it is a safe place to leave her....Don't try to hold her down until she calms down....made that mistake and ended up with a black eye....it does slow down...with my two once they releazied that a tantrum did get what they wanted it slowed down to maybe one a week if that....
    sharonnacy

Answer by sharonnacy at 11:09 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• When my DD started into a tantrum it was most likely that she wanted something. I would ask her to show me what she wanted. If she didn't show me what she wanted and continued with the tantrum she was sent to her room until she was able to calm down. We have been doing this since she was about 18 mos old. At 26 mos she calms down in less than 5 mins it used to take upwards of 30-45 mins for her to calm down. Once she is calm we make her apologize for her tantrum and then she can have whatever it was that she wanted in the first place. If you LO is throwing tantrums because she is tired then head them off by putting her down for a nap before they start. I wish you luck, but you have to find what is going to work and stick with it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:03 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• They are not really so terable you just have to learn how to adjust to there crazy ways
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 1:55 PM on Sep. 21, 2010