What do you get a 5 year old that has everything?

So Christmas 2008 we got him a Wii. Last year we got him a DS what's next? I am lost! I am trying to do some shopping early and can't think of anything to get him!

CharleesMom7

Asked by CharleesMom7 at 10:58 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Holidays

• Books, bean bag chair, legos, crafts, puzzles, games for the systems you already bought him, gift certificates for places to go to later on as a family like chuck e cheese/arcade/mini golf/bowling/museums. ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 11:04 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Instead of continuing to give him more, why not take him shopping & let him get things to donate to the Salvation Army or a homeless shelter. That's what we do with our kids every year.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• A Basket ball hoop, sounds like he needs some exercise... If that's not feasible then maybe a bike, or skateboard... Something to get him active.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• My son is 5 and LOVES Legos! He also likes puzzles and board games. New books are always fun, too.
    katienjackson

Answer by katienjackson at 11:15 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• What about something that can bring out outdoor activity. Nerf guns are fun at that age and my son uses his indoors in his room. He likes having a target. They have cool lazer tag that I actually had lots of fun playing with my son. Cool water guns that hold a lot of water. Fun books for his age. Wii games that encourage activity.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 11:17 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• My son loves legos too! BUT I do not! They are all over my house! :)
    CharleesMom7

Comment by CharleesMom7 (original poster) at 11:17 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Take him with you to donate some of his old stuff to charity/good will/salvation army.

Take him to the mall and pick an angel from the angel tree, and let him help you shop for a child who doesn't have it all.

Talk to him about charities and causes and let him pick one for you to donate to in his honor. Try to find one that would involve writing letters to needy children or maybe even getting letters/photos back from them.

He is very fortunate to have parents who love him so much they want to give him everything, and also to have a family that is financially stable enough to do so. Now take it to the next level and make sure you give him lots more than just material things. Teach him to be as loving and giving as you are.

Merry Christmas!
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 11:32 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Hmmmmmmmmm what will be the popular item this year? I'm sure we will know soon......

Does he have an iPad? Serious question.... My 2 year old loves her iPad =)
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:05 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• We have our 9 yr old make us a list ....
    He doesn't want the Wii and he does have a Ps2 system already,
    He has his own lap top so most often he likes games that go on that...
    So we have him put us a list together and have him mark a ( * ) next to the
    ones he really wants... and go from there...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Why in the world would you buy a Wii for a 3 yo? Does he truly have "everything" that's appropriate for a 5 yo? How about something non-electronic so he doesn't end up spending all his time indoors? Does he have a bike and a basketball hoop and hockey gear and roller blades? That's the kind of stuff kids that age need.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 11:20 PM on Sep. 21, 2010