False contractions? how you deal with them?

i'm so scare , yesterday i got alot of contraction, i went to the hospital they told be to drink more water and rest!
but i'm so scare when the labours come, because when i had my first dd it was so painfull they didn't gave me anything to stop the pain because they said it was to late to give me anything... im so scared.. you were scared when you had your contractions? did you thought your baby was going to born early?

Sofiah

Asked by Sofiah at 10:59 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Try to relax and know that your body is getting ready for labor.

Here is my story. My daughter was two days late and labor was very painful. My son was four weeks early and is was no where near as painful because I knew it was temporary :)

Good luck!
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 11:23 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• You breath and try and go to your happy place.
    Sometimes watching your favorite movie helps.
    or taking a Hot bath.
    be with your other half if he can rub your back.
    Good Luck
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 1:31 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• the false ones will often quit if you take a walk, drink some water, change positions, eat, etc...
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 1:34 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• a couple weeks ago i had contractions. they were what the doctor called irritable contractions. and i was 25 weeks almost 26. not far enough along at all for them. they said that some people have them through the pregnancy but the way i was having mine they were concerned. It was 430pm and i was getting ready for work. i had to be there at 5. i felt this pressure that would happen and then it would go away and it would happen again and then go away. i called my doctor and told them what was going on. asked them if it was possible it was contractions. they said it sounded like it but to take tylenol and drink lots of water to make them stop if that did not work go to the hospital. i go on to work and as soon as i get there i had a painful contraction. they told me to go home. instead i drove myself to the hospital. the whole time having back to back contractions. they gav me 2 of those shots to stop the contractions.
    courtneyrogers

Answer by courtneyrogers at 10:06 AM on Sep. 22, 2010