Why would someone be on Match.com unless they were looking for someone?

My BFF is "dating" a guy that she met on Match over a year ago who subsequently broke up with her via text message. They are now seeing each other again and she beleives that he has changed his ways. I checked his match.com profile and he is online all the time!

I know I am being nosey, but he is a scoundrel!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• He is no good!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:00 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I would say he is definitely still looking for someone else.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:01 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I have looked on there before..but just because I wanted to see if I knew anyone on there.. I wasn't looking for a hookup.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:02 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• He's keeping his options open - she needs to get rid of him.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:02 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• People are weird. He may not be looking for someone else to date in real life. Some guys just like emailing, text messaging, and talking to women online. The often have some kind of issue that they are dealing with like they are not good looking. By communicating in these ways the woman doesn't know and he can pretend he isn't fat or ugly or whatever. It can just be all make believe.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:04 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• he is putting your bff on the back burner until he finds someone better.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Your friend needs to get away and fast!
    CharleesMom7

Answer by CharleesMom7 at 11:09 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• date a man for over a year who breaks it off on a text message
    WHY in the WORLD would a woman get back together with a man like this

of course he is keeping his options open, and most likely dating more than just your friend

sure hope she sees this man for what he is, ... he is showing her who he really is by his actions, she should believe him-he is a jerk
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:52 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i hope she finds out what an a**hole he really is i hope she finds better than him cause she deserves better then what he put her threw
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 12:08 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Could be an issue with him, many people are afraid of the 'what-if' question, and even though he may be committed to your friend (as much as you can be in a new relationship) maybe he is just putting it off because it could mean his relationship is more serious. My mother-in-law has the same issues with her boyfriend of over a year, and he goes on to just 'look' at the women, because he is a 'visual guy', and when she confronted him and said 'me or your profile, choose now' he chose her and realized he didn't need a profile because he had something in front of him that was real. She constantly checks to see if he's gone online, and he has not since she asked him about it.
    Stephie999

Answer by Stephie999 at 4:53 PM on Sep. 21, 2010