Would you be upset???

I am throwing a Baptism party for my son in 2 weeks.. I had sent out all the invitations and put my number for the RSVP.. My husband's family called my MIL to RSVP... No where on the invitation has her number... It bugs me that they cant call me.. Also in January my mother had a baby shower for me and they once again called my MIL.. Would you ladies be mad or am I mad for no reason???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• i would be mad
    mrs.dewberry01

Answer by mrs.dewberry01 at 6:27 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I WOULD BE MAD TO ! I YOU SHOULD CALL AND ASK WHY THEY DON'T CALL YOU AND TELL YOUR MOM IF THEY CALL HER AGAIN TELL YOUR MOM TO TELL THEM YOU NEED TO CALL MY DAUGHTER FOR THIS I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH HER PARTY'S !!!
    Anonymous

• I would wonder why? It is a bit off to me that they don't call you directly. Maybe have a talk with your MIL about it.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 6:35 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Well for the babyshower they called my MIL instead of my mother..
    Anonymous

• Don't know that I'd be mad but its wierd for sure. Maybe call them directly and say I haven't heard from you - Are you coming? And if they say we called your MIL say "Oh well I was keeping track of the guest lists and I was pretty sure I put my number on the invite, but I'm glad you are coming" Keep it light and gloss over it quickly, but they should get the point for the future and there won't be any hard feelings.
    Traleelai

Answer by Traleelai at 7:39 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• at least they called someone....instead of leaving you holding extra places/food/etc for people that just didn't show.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:42 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I would b pissed 2 & I agree w/ jojo13 that u should talk 2 ur MIL about it.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 8:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I think I agree with Traleelai's idea. I don't know that I would be mad, exactly, but aggravated for sure and I'd have to wonder why.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 9:10 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• yes i would be upset.............
    katina129

Answer by katina129 at 9:17 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• i would be very frustrated. How are you supposed to plan for the number of guests attending if they dont let YOU Know. Have a talk with your MIL and ask why they are rsvping to her then make sure there is only enough cake for those who called YOU to rsvp LOL j/k thats not a good thing to do at a baptism but maybe you could have your hubby mention to his family that that is rather frustrating for you and even a little hurtful
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2008