Bringing Elizabeth Home: The book about Elizabeth Smart's abduction and how her parents had complete faith in God(a Christian view)

I finished reading the book. Have you read it? I thought it was an amazing story of scary up and downs, miracles, strength, and faith in God. Elizabeth was right there and they missed her! One thing that amazed me about the way the family prayed. They prayed to soften the heart of Elizabeth's abductor's. Wow.

Did anybody keep up with the story back then?

2tinyhineys

Asked by 2tinyhineys at 11:02 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• They must have a lot of faith in God :) i think thats wonderful that her parents were that strong!
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• That is the way to pray :-) We pray that way often for people. I havent read it but what's interesting is that she was in an area that is close to the city of where my church is and we pray over the East Bay area often
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:20 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I delight in the fact that she was found. My only question of the parents is - Why did they bring in vagrants to do chores around their house? I'm sorry but I just don't understand that. Maybe I have the story wrong or need to read the book. But it seems that tidbit of information came out in one of their interviews.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I can't stop thinking--the same "god' that brought Elizabeth back home is the one who let her be abducted in the first place, and who allowed her to be put through unimaginable physical and sexual abuse. Those scars won't ever fade and Elizabeth won't EVER be the same. I can't help but judge this "god" a psychopathic bastard and his "kindness" at returning this child home, irreparably damaged, to be fraudulent and hypocritical. It isn't over yet.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 4:37 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

Oh yawn.....same ol stuff.
    2tinyhineys

Comment by 2tinyhineys (original poster) at 4:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2010