dropped baby

this kid is NOTHING like the first pregnancy... last time i had the braxtin hicks and could tell when labor was coming. this one is soo low that when doc went to check for dilation, she poked him in the head. i go for twice a week ultra sounds and he is even LOWER than before. i feel like any day he could just start coming and i am full of anxiety. he's being induced next thursday but i wonder if he'll come before that. i was one cm dilated last week and 25% effaced, we are 37 weeks tomorrow....thoughts? help?

mrsmostafa

Asked by mrsmostafa at 11:11 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Don't be so worried. There is always a chance you can go into labor before you get induced. I prefer natural labor anyday. Women who are induced actually feel more pain because it is forcing you into labor. Don't be scared, everything will be alright. Your baby is healthy, that is what is most important. I personally would be glad to go into labor early & get it over with.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:15 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Every pregnancy is unique! My son decided to come 4 weeks early... I hadn't dropped and we were not ready at all! My daughter dropped 3 weeks before me due date and I was 3 cm for two weeks before labor started...

Try to relax and just know that your body is doing what it is supposed to do.

Good luck!!!
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 11:16 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• YES!!! I am HOPING for an earlier labor!! but my SO is so laid back about it all. it's his first my second and he figures i have it under control. plus i have a six year old and i am worried about going into labor in the middle of the night and disturbing him... thanks for input :)
    mrsmostafa

Comment by mrsmostafa (original poster) at 11:18 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• DOH! I clicked on this thinking you had dropped your baby :/
    Mom_to_Skyler

Answer by Mom_to_Skyler at 11:20 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I mean.....I'M GLAD YOU DIDN'T DROP YOUR BABY!!!!!
    Mom_to_Skyler

• Dont be so worried
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 1:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• everyyday i walk outside and see my neighbor and shes like "oommgg he dropped even loweerr than he was when i saw you yesterday!!!" i am nottt quite ready for him yet still a few more finishing touches i need to make in his room and im sooo nervous with everyone telling me how low he is now that he is going to be here sooner than im hoping for!! ahh!!!
    Alyssa_mommy2b

Answer by Alyssa_mommy2b at 1:51 PM on Sep. 21, 2010