why do you think my son calls me grandma?

my 3 yr old started calling me grandma 3 months ago and we keep on telling him i'm mommy not grandma he still calls me that, its embarrassing especially at a stor ein public.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

• do u have a lot of gray hair? if u do it might be something he got from a movie or a book.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 7:44 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• They get confused at that age. My granddaughter calls me mommy, her aunts name and sometimes grandma... it all depends if she's been around alot of people.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 9:22 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• My oldest used to call her grandfather daddy or mommy all the time when she was around that age. It was because she spent alot of time with him and would forget i wasn't there. what was worse is that because i worked so much (to feed her! lol) she'd wouldn't see much of me.. so she started calling me by my first name! lol I put an end to that Really quick! I don't look my age so people would eye me oddly when out with her and she'd call me by my first name.. thinking i stole her or something... lol don't worry about it. Just keep on reminding him what your name is.. and he'll get it.
    MyIslandGirls

Answer by MyIslandGirls at 10:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• no i don't have any gray hair, thank God, but he started calling me that when we went outta town with my dad and stepmom and she tried teaching him to call her grandma then all of a sudden he started calling me that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Oct. 20, 2008