how do you make your steaks or marianate yours?

I am making steaks for dinner tonight along with baked potatoe, green beans and salad. When I make steaks I always have to have it with a baked potato and green beans lol. So how do you either marinate your steak or how do you cook yours all together? I am tired of teh same old steaks which is putting them in the oven (don't have a broiler) and adding steak seasoning. I want something new.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 11:36 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I cook steaks on the grill. My go to seasoning for steak is garlic salt. The other thing I do is marinate for about 1/2 hour in Dale's Seasoning Sauce -- it can be found near the marinades and BBQ sauces in the grocery store.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 12:00 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I marinade mine in white vinegar, olive oil, rosemary, wostershire sauce, a touch of A1, Sea Salt, Plenty of Pepper and a splash of water and I let them marinade from early afternoon until dinner time, and we like ours medium so we cook about 8 minutes on each side or until it's brown on the inside with a thin pink line in the middle. The oil from the marinade makes it delicatley crispy on the outside like a steak house.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:40 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I like to cut mine up and make them into fajitas or stir fry :)
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 11:37 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I first put garlic powder, seasoned meat tenderizer & steak seasoning all over them. Then I marinate them in Worschetshire sauce for a couple of hours. Then I cook them very slowly in a skillet with a little butter to keep them from sticking, or on the grill.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:41 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• if I use worschetshire sauce will it make it spicy? My kids (oldest) doesn't like it that way and wont eat it if it is spicy and my (youngest) can't handle spicy foods?
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 11:43 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• What I do with steak sounds really boring but to me it makes for the best flavor. I start with a nice tender cut and then just put a generous amount of salt and pepper on them right before grilling.

For some different ideas, maybe chicken fried steak or swiss steak (recipes on google).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I have simple tastes - sprinkle on some Lawry's an hour or so before cooking, and cook on the grill.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 11:56 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• if I use worschetshire sauce will it make it spicy?

It never has made them taste spicy to me.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 12:03 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• salt pepper and sazon and broil em
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 12:12 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• No Worchershire is not spicy
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 21, 2010