What do you do if your three year old is Autisic and your hubby says your labeling your son?

I have noticed throught the last few months that my little one maybe Autisic. I have currently called Early Intervention to set up a time to come and see Jacob and test him(if they even do that). Im still learning about this and my hubby seems to think Jacob is just being a kid and I feel that its getting worse. He rocks back and forth all the time, has to have pattern in his schedule or it upsets him and so on. What can I say to my hubby that will help him see that this is something we need to educate ourself on so we can help Jacob in the long run. Being three years old is a great time to teach him how to do things that will help him now and later, atleast thats how I feel!

lovinmy3babies

Asked by lovinmy3babies at 11:46 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would go ahead and go through with the screening, or what ever they do. The biggest thing about little ones is that it is up to us parents to notice that something may not be right. We may not always be right, but that's ok, we are just here as communicators to make sure that our children get the best care they can. We know them better than any one else. So ignore hubby and just do it. Good Luck!
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 11:50 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Let him know that you are not labeling him, but instead getting him help early so that he has a higher chance of leading a normal life because the earlier he gets help the better it will be and if you wait it out and he gets worse and had NO help, then, there could be no hope of him ever being in with society.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:53 AM on Sep. 21, 2010