Do you think a husband should help out around the house?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• YES! I can't believe we are even still asking this question in 2008! Marriage is an agreement to love and support one another. A home is a place, in a marriage, that 2 people agree to take care of...to take pride in...and, accept certain responsibilities in the upkeep of. I don't care if one works and the other stays at home, they both live in it and should do their part in maintaining it. I believe caring for your home, whether it be cleaning top to bottom, or, taking out the garbage and keeping the yard nice, is an essential in being a responsible adult in maintaining a committed relationship and pride in what you have achieved.
    Anonymous

• yes, but mine doesn't.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 6:36 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Yes.
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 6:36 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• YES
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 6:39 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• YES ! MY HUSBAND IS THE BEST I THINK HE HAS a.d.d ??? HE DOES IT ALL IF I DON'T GET TO IT HE DOES MORE LAUNDRY THAN ME I SUCK AT THE IRON SO HE IRON HIS OWN CLOTHES , HE DOES ALMOST EVERYTHING BUT HE DOES NOT CLEAN THE BATHROOM'S OR CLEAN OUR DAUGHTER'S ROOM !
    Anonymous

• If he lives there, yes he should help with things. If both of you work, outside the home it should be split 50/50.This could be one of those sneaky questions, couldn't it?

surprise mini

Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:45 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Yes he lives there too!
    redberries

Answer by redberries at 6:47 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Yes and mine does although not always to my satisfaction lol. Apparently we both have very different opinions on the difference between actual CLEANING and just straightening up!
    Anonymous

• hell yes! i have never understood this mentality that men dont do housework, etc.. My DH works two full time jobs and still helps around the house on days off and puts my son to bed every night. I play the role of house wife, mommy, pregnant... and full time student everyday.. and that is PLENTY of work on my part. Of course, I do everything I can to keep the work load at home off of him.. he needs to enjoy his time off because he works so hard, and since I am home most of the time.. what else am I gonna do?
    VelvetCat

Answer by VelvetCat at 7:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Yes. At the very least, he should pick up after himself. My husband does alot around the house, and with the kids, so its pretty even right now. But we are both working. Me only a few hours a day, but I hope that when I do quit working that I can keep up with the housework on my own. He works hard, and I would love to bless him that way.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 7:25 PM on Oct. 19, 2008