Another shooting on a base?

Fort Bliss,TX

Not alot of details yet..

sad

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 11:50 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.examiner.com/us-headlines-in-national/shooting-at-fort-bliss-army-base-texas-leaves-two-dead-and-two-wounded

report says a 60 yr old woman was killed and two other women shot..the shooter was taken out by authorities

tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• All shootings are sad especially when they can't see an obvious reason. It looks like it was a personal issue to me. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Monday afternoon at approximately 3 pm, a shooting occurred at a convenience store on the Fort Bliss Army base in Texas; two women were shot and a 60-year old civilian was killed; the gunman was also killed. Army officials have yet to state why the shooting took place.

Guards on the military base responded to the incident within three minutes, and asked the gunman to put down his weapon after he shot two women in the convenience store. The gunman refused and attempted to get into a car when he was shot and killed.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:53 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I suspect a robbery
    tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 11:54 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Here is some more info

update:

The gunman has been identified as retired Army Sgt. Steven Kropf. He was 63.

FBI officials said it is not known if Kropf had a relationship with either of victims and the motive for the shooting is still under investigation. It has been determined this was an isolated criminal incident and not terrorism related, the FBI said.

http://www.kvia.com/news/25089978/detail.html

tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 12:02 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Right now I'm just thanking God that no one in the family is deployed in TX right now. There's a couple of bases there and I tend to mix them up for some stupid reason. (most likely because I usually have several members gone at once) So whenever something happens, my heart is in my mouth until I can figure out who is where. BIL was in TX during the last one, and I was phone stalking him until I found out he was okay.

I wish people would leave the soldiers alone. For the anti war people, the soldiers don't choose their orders, and for everyone else, they are protecting our lives, can't you steal someone else's wallet?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:05 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I wish people would leave the soldiers alone. For the anti war people, the soldiers don't choose their orders, and for everyone else, they are protecting our lives, can't you steal someone else's wallet?

Answer by lovinangels a minute
    *******************************
    Yes but the guy who robbed and shot the women was a Military guy, retired military.
    I agree though that military personnel have a tough life and many have been damaged in many ways and need treatment that they rarely get.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:07 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Yes but the guy who robbed and shot the women was a Military guy, retired military. I agree though that military personnel have a tough life and many have been damaged in many ways and need treatment that they rarely get.

Military members need much better emotional and psychological support upon reentry- some, for the duration. War, violence, killing-it takes a toll on most people.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:19 PM on Sep. 21, 2010