Why is it that I can never be happy with my hair the way it is?

I have very curly, hard to tame the frizz hair and my husband loves when it is long. I always say I want to grow it out and then I try to and I always end up cutting it, but never in a way that I would do again. I guess I should just come to realize this is my hair and I will never have a cute short cut like I like because my hair is to frizzy and curly. I will never looked polished unless I spend 4 hours taming my locks and yeah right that just is never going to happen (except for special occasions) . So I should just get used to the idea of never really liking my hair, but why do I always want to change it up? Then I wait and wait for it to grow back out again to think about chopping it all off again?? I think I am crazy : )

cloverlover24

Asked by cloverlover24 at 11:51 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• The grass IS always greener on the other side of the fence. How many women sport bad poodle perms because they prefer their hair to look like yours? Plenty of them! You have to learn to accept your hair for what it is. Hating it doesn't make your life any better.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:15 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• maybe you just need to get out of a styling rut and try various techniques/tools. go to a new stylist for a shampoo/conditioning/styling...(not a new cut, really).you may not like what they do,and you can go home and wash it out, but its always interesting to get a new perspective on the same old hair.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Probably because you haven't found the products that work best for the type of cuts you want, and your stylists aren't listening or viewing all of your needs based on your personality, time spend, facial shape, hair texture, etc.

You need to sit down and talk with a stylist about your problems with your hair, so they can tell you how to maintain the look you want so you love it (and it doesn't take forever).

PM me and we can talk more.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:00 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Sounds like you need a Brazilian Keratin Treatment!
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 12:30 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Why not get it permanently straightened so you don't have to fight with it? I think it lasts for quite awhile.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:34 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I do the same thing! Do you use a leave in conditioner & a diffuser? I know that helps!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:26 AM on Sep. 22, 2010