Do you think bullying is a rite of passage that builds character and...

all teenagers and kids go through it, or do you think it's something that should not be tolerated. How far does it have to go before you step in.

mom-de-uno

Asked by mom-de-uno at 11:53 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think bullying is another sign of bad parenting. That is awful and should not be tolerated. I don't think it should be let to go far at all.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:54 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Bullying is not tolerated in alot of schools in alot of states!!!! Schools have a zero tolerance for it!!!! Kids have gotten hurt and killed over it!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:58 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• It should never be tolerated and to think that it's a rite of passage is absurd! You obviously don't the torment a person can go through from being bullied.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 12:00 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I agree with bradenlsmyson
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:00 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Kids who bully usually have some sort of personal issue that needs to be addressed. Sadly, since the problem most commonly stems from their home life- the hope of their parents stepping up to deal with the problem is minimal.

You hear all the time, Help my kid is being bullied, you never hear- Help, my kid IS the bully. I would imagine most parents of bullies feel that it is a rite of passage and something we should just ignore.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 12:01 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I agree that bullying is a sign of bad parenting and parents not setting a good example of behavior for their children. It is becoming an epidemic now and I think it is because families are not as close and not as committed to raising 'good citizens". It seems that "nice people" are rare and laughed at by the tough bulllies whether they are bullying kids or crude, inconsiderate parents. Adults are becoming less polite and more crude,obscene in their speech, and hurtful so it is not surprising the kids are learning that.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:03 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I think when it gets anywhere beyond a more dominant personality taking advantage of a less dominant personality's goodwill, you step in.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:12 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• It should not be tolerated
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 12:16 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i agree...its the result of bad, immature parents and should never be tolerated in any way...or at any age...heck, some adults do this to each other
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 12:17 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I think there is a hughe difference between gentel ribbing among friends and being a bully or being bullied. I have zero tollerance for bullies, and my kids are not perfect, but if I EVER get a call saying my child was bullying another child...well lets just say they would be advised to go to their room and live in fear. I think it is disgusting, inexcusable and I agree BAD parenting! To raise a child to think that this kind of behavior is acceptable is just gross! I tell my kids it costs nothing to be kind. My ex DH is handicap so I doubt you would ever find my 5 being a bully to anyone, but rather the one that sticks up for those being harrassed.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:10 PM on Sep. 21, 2010