17 weeks and 208 lbs!! When will I feel movement?

Yes- I'm overweight, i've gained 3 lbs so far. Just wondering when I should feel baby move

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Being overweight has nothing to do with when you'll feel the baby move. My prepregnancy weight was 232, and I felt him move at 14 weeks. Feeling movement comes at different times for everyone, but it should be soon for you. Hang in there, and try to be patient (impossible, I know!). It's pretty magical!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:43 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I was 174 at 18 weeks and that's when I felt the first movements. so it has nothing to do with your size! it depends on the baby's activity and position and whether you are paying attention or not... just wait a few more weeks, you'll feel it. if not have your doctor do an ultrasound. that's how I saw my baby moving the first time at 16 weeks..
    chscris04

Answer by chscris04 at 8:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Usually movement is felt between 17-22 weeks.

Pretty soon!!

Kristi Landis
    Obgyn Nurse by Day
    Passion Parties Director by Night
    www.partiesbykristi.com
    260-273-1977
    kristilandis

Answer by kristilandis at 9:49 PM on Oct. 19, 2008