Did you use a cool mist humidifier with your baby?

My parents tell me they didn't use one with me or any of my siblings (there's five of us) but I've heard lately that they can really help the baby... (in what ways, I'm not exactly sure...) Did you use one and do you think it helped?

StephenieBryant

Asked by StephenieBryant at 12:07 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It was very rare that we used one with our oldest and never with the youngest... My oldest had croup a few times and although it will help with that, so will taking a walk out on the back deck... So that's just what we do.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:09 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I always meant to get one. But never did. They are great in the winter when the house air is very dry. They help the baby breath especially when they have a cold and they may even prevent a cold by preventing the babies sinuses from drying out thus allowing germs to enter. The humming sound they make will also help the baby sleep too.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:10 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Yes. We found the humidity helped with her coughing in the winter time since the air was so dry.

From what I've read and heard, don't use the warm air humidifiers.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:10 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I ONLY used one in the winter.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 12:11 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i dont have one yet but at my dd's 8 week pedi appt, he said that i should really get one...he says everyone should have one in their babys room...it will help their general health but for my dd i think it will help the booger buid-up that keeps happening in her nose...i know its gross, but i keep pulling out some really large ones...so big that i would be alarmed if they came out of my own nose!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 12:13 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I only used a (warm) vaporizer and then it was only when he was sick and needed it.
    ruthie11617

Answer by ruthie11617 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I heard you aren't supposed to use the warm mist ones anymore and have used a cool mist humidifier for some time now. It does seem to help when he isn't feeling well.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 1:48 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• We don't use any humidifiers, and our six months old son is doing okay without it.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 3:48 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i have one i only use it in the winter when the air is dry it has a thing on it that tells u how humid the air is and then it turns it self on and off so the air is always the same in the room its pretty cool! i got it as a baby shower gift otherwise we prolly wouldnt use one!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 5:33 PM on Sep. 21, 2010