If I am already preg, does it matter if we use a condom or not?

How long can we keep having intercourse if I am preg already? I'm on about my tenth week.

JeniBowden

Asked by JeniBowden at 6:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It shouldn't matter if you guys don't have any STDs. ( not saying that to be rude at all) My husband and I never wore one when I'm preggo and never been a problem
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:51 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Condoms would only be for STD's at this point. you can have sex throughout your entire pregnancy unless OB tells you not to for some health reason.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 6:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• hhmmmm....well if you are pregnant, then i would see no reason to utilize a condom.

unless of course, you do not think youre pregnant
    iluvmytriniti

Answer by iluvmytriniti at 7:27 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• if you're going to sleep around is the only reason you would need a condom to keep from catching anything! but if its just with youre SO thiers really no reason!
    brittany320

Answer by brittany320 at 7:42 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• well all the books say its fine as long as your comfortable and not laying flat on your back. also not for him to cum inside you the sperm has some chemicals in it that help to thin out your cervic. so unless your willing to take the change of going into labor just have him pull out,
    melis1029

Answer by melis1029 at 7:58 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Sperm will not thin your cervix or begin premature labor. Having sex late in pregnancy can help you begin labor. It will only happen if your cervix/body is READY to go into labor. If you have sex and prematurely lose a baby it had nothing to do with the sex unl;ess you had an incompetent cervix and had sex against a Dr's orders.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• There isn't anything wrong with it unless your ob tells you not to. Sperm will not harm your baby. I've had 5, they are all fine.
    lilmomma4

Answer by lilmomma4 at 10:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• i was gonna say my boyfriend and i dont use them... it shouldnt cause harm unless theres other issues
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 10:51 PM on Oct. 19, 2008