music connection with autism???

my daughter is three has autism
she has always had this connection to music
i do not have any knowledge of music, in fact my whole family laughs that none of us can carry a tune to save our lives
when she was very little, she would cover my mouth when i sang, before i knew it was autism it was ajoke that even she knew that i was out of tune
she does not like when i sing or even dance to music playing-somehow it must ruin the pure music for her
i have asked some of her therapists how i can use this music thing to help her connect to the world and communicate, with no answers

anyone know some program, video game or what not that i can use to help her learn with music? we did try the kindermusic thing, she just did exactly the opposite that the teacher and other kids did, so want to try something else

any ideas??

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 12:18 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• a lot of people have told me that music is great for children who are autistic. i wish i knew of a program my nephew is autistic and they are thinking my oldest might be to. i will give you a bump

sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 2:17 PM on Sep. 21, 2010