Are you taking the family out for "Museum Day"?

Smithsonian.com

Free admission (with the ticket printed from the page) to participating museums on Saturday, September 25, 2010.

What's your favorite museum?

coder_chick

Asked by coder_chick at 12:25 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Entertainment

• We are now! Such a great idea, thanks for sharing. My favorite is the Natural History Museum here in New York, the kids actually seem to like it too!
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 12:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• We don't have a Smithsonian around but we do have a couple other great muesums in Milwaukee!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:30 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• We go to the Vanderbilt Mansion Museum and Planetarium a lot with my Son. It's close to where we live. He's 3 and he loves it there! This is Vanderbilt's home on Long Island NY. We go to the Planetarium on the grounds first to see the show. Then they have a dinosaur exhibit then we go to the Home. He has Many large Dioramas with rare animals displayed & a real Mummy! They have a Marine Museum too that displays many rare birds, sea creatures, bugs & butterflies he collected from his expeditions around the world. Since my Son likes it so much and was really interested, we are going to take him to the Museum of Natural History in NYC as soon as we can.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:35 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Wow! Thanks so much for posting, didnt know anything about this! Ive been wanting to take the kids to Port Discovery for a while now, and its on the list!! So, we will def. be going saturday! Thanks again!
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 12:50 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Skittles, that page has a search tool so you can try to find a participating museum in your area. I'm not sure if you saw that or not.

Here's a link to the Museum Finder for anyone else that may not have noticed that tool.
    coder_chick

Comment by coder_chick (original poster) at 1:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• What a great thing!! Sadly we are hours away from any type of museum :(( When I was in high school we went to Chicago.. I loved the Field Museum and any art museums are great!!

mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 8:31 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• thanks for link will check to see if any in our area are particiapting.
    steveiguana

Answer by steveiguana at 8:34 PM on Sep. 21, 2010