Who manages the house

In this day and age, its not like it used to be. My dad was the bread winner of the family, but my mom was the one that wore the pants in the house. She wrote out the bills and made sure things were just right in the house.
My DH and i dot he bills together and we both decide on what goes where and who does it. I like the idea of a " shared" responsibility of the household things. What about you. You like to be in charge, your S/O or husband, or do you both take charge.

Airforce3mom

Asked by Airforce3mom at 12:26 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• My Husband works and I stay home with the kids. I pay the bills (because he doesn't want too). We always talk about what the money is going to and discuss any big purchases. I always let him know what we have to spend, but he is usually happy withdrawing 40.00 dollars every two weeks and not having to think about it...My friends husband has to ask her for money just like one of her kids and I don't like that. But my husband works for a bank and deals with other peoples money and problems all day that I think he doesn't want to deal with it at home =o)
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 12:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• We are certainly traditional in the respect that he's the bread winner and I am the one who runs the home and the kids. As far as finances and decisions though, we are partners. I detail out what bills need to be paid and he pays them. I used to handle all the finances but I decided he needed to take it over so he could actually understand what our budget was. I guess if he's not staring at the numbers he thinks we have unlimited funds.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:33 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• We actually both do. He works a swing shift, I work days. As far as bills goes, whoever has time sits down and pays them. We do always discuss what is going on in that regard though. For instance, he may call and say he is balancing the checkbook and do I have any receipts or vice versa. Honestly, almost everything we split up pretty evenly. Right down to who gets our son on the bus.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 12:30 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• We both take charge. That's what I love about my relationship with my husband.
    Lainee21106

Answer by Lainee21106 at 12:31 PM on Sep. 21, 2010