Anniversary in 2 days and no money... what can we do?

We're pretty strapped for cash. We could spare maybe about $20. We've been married 4 years as of Thursday. We also just had a baby 6 1/2 weeks ago.

Suggestions? How can we celebrate and make this special without blowing money? What can I get him that doesn't cost a lot?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 12:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• I would take the $20 and prepare a really nice picnic lunch. Spend the day at a local park, enjoying being together, then come home and take a candlelit bath together!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 12:40 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Have a special night together at home.

Feed the kiddos dinner and put them to bed early.. Make the rest of the night about the 2 of you.. Nice candle light dinner (you make something easy cheap yet nice like a pasta dish/roasted chicken/ect)... Dancing and romancing in the living room, or watching a movie together, a nice candlelight bubble bath together, decorate the bedroom in some sensual theme...ect..

What you can do at home, with little money, for such an occasion is only limited by your imagination, and desire. :-)

Have a great Anniversary!!!
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:17 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Get Chinese food take-out and eat it after the kids go to sleep. Then rent a good movie and then go to bed and have some fun!!! Happy Anniversary! That's what we have been doing since our Son who is 3 now was born. Our Anniversary is Halloween!! 18 years! OMG!!! As far as a gift, just give him "YOU"! :) Most guys don't want more then that!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I know its kinda corney, but for Valentine's day we were really tight on money(only been married 2 months and son was due in 1 month). So I made a a slide show of all the pics I had of the two of us and put our song on it. Then I made a really nice dinner(wich is really rare for us) and had candle light. DH loved it!
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 1:12 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Lobelia~~I love your idea of putting pictures on a slide show! How sweet, especially with your song added. I don't think it's corny at all. Awww. ;)

I would probably do that and then have a nice meal at home after the kiddo was in bed for the night.

Ati 13~~Hope you and your hubby have a great celebration together no matter what you decide on doing. Happy Anniversary and many more years of happiness to you two.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 1:58 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I think just being together would be sufficient. That's what my husband and I do. We just share an intimate day with each other.
    Lainee21106

Answer by Lainee21106 at 12:30 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• IF YOU HAVE NO MONEY THEN WHY NOT MAKE A HOME MADE GIFT,FOR IT,S ALL ABOUT WHATS COMES FROM THE HEART RIGHT?
    flmontgomery

Answer by flmontgomery at 12:46 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• make it a date night...candle light and a good movie then dessert...lol

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 12:46 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• flmontgomery, do you have any suggestions on what to make? I'm not crafty at all lol.
    Ati_13

Comment by Ati_13 (original poster) at 12:48 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i would make my own card,,,, candle light cook dinner,,, and redbox a movie....
    Cynt1020

Answer by Cynt1020 at 2:04 PM on Sep. 21, 2010