Would you still use it?

I just got a prescription for the NuvaRing then yesterday I saw one of those commercials for those law firms that say "if you or a loved one suffered a heart attack, stroke, or death after using the NuvaRing call...". Now I'm worried about using it. Would you still use it after seeing a commercial like that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Health

• no, but I am afraid of any kind of birth control.. besides condoms. I have had two young friends suffer nearly fatal bloodclots due to BC pills. They can no longer have kids, and their lives are very restricted.
    VelvetCat

Answer by VelvetCat at 7:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I still use it. I love my NuvaRing.

*shrug*

I said this a couple days ago on a different question, but I think it applies here as well...

Everything causes everything nowadays. The Shot can cause Osteoporosis, the Pill can cause Breast Cancer, and they all can cause Blood Clots.

I'll take my chances.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:11 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I am with VelvetCat on not trusting hormone birth control. I keep track of my cycle with cycle beads (www.cyclbeads.com) combined with pull-out method after years of severe depression, sciatic nerve damage, malnourishment, and acne thanks to hormone birth control. I refuse to use it any more. The last type of BC I tried to use was the Nuvaring. I didn't have much problem with it but I only used it for one month.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 7:14 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• i wouldn't use it but my answer is a little biased because i don't like to use hormonal methods of birth control.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 8:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Probably not. If the side effects were just listed on the package, I would. But you said you saw it on TV, which tells me there must have been a lot of complaints and that would scare me. Ask yourself this? What would you tell your adult daughter to do? (if you had one)
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 8:14 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• no sure wouldnt be i am chicken
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 10:28 AM on Oct. 20, 2008