My kids behavior (4 year old twins)

I am having trouble with my twins behavior when they are in preschool. They do what I ask and don't me too much of a hard time with me (I do dicipline) but in school it's like they are little tyrants. Yesterday my son hit and kicked one teacher, and spit on the other. So I picked him up from school and he was in punishment for most of the day (in his room, ready books). And 3 days into school my daughter flipped out and nap time and stood in the middle of the class screaming at the top of their lungs. What's going on? Everytime I leave them with someone I get these bad reports. Anyone else have this issue and have any advice.

mommy2_twins

Asked by mommy2_twins at 12:39 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• 4 year olds understand that they're being bad. Also putting your child in his room to read books is NOT a punishment. So if they're not being diciplined for their bad behavior they wont stop. Reading books is something fun so he doesn't care that he is in trouble.
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 12:45 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• If preschool is a new thing for them they may just be testing the boundaries there. Hopefully when they see their antics don't get them what they want they'll settle down and behave. I would definitely talk to the teacher and see what she thinks is going on. Maybe together you can come up with some better ways to discipline them at school. I think it will help a lot of the problems are addressed at school when they happen rather than later at home.

I'll also suggest a program that helped me out a lot with my children - Love & Logic. It's a great parenting technique that has worked really well for my family. GL!

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:53 PM on Sep. 21, 2010