Should i get my tubes tied?

I am 29 years old I have had 2 children and pregnant with another one. My husband has 3 kids with his ex. We are having 6 kids all togeter one girl (the oldest) and 5 boys . My family and our daughter insist we keep trying for a girl. What should I do?

mpactem

Asked by mpactem at 12:42 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• thats only a decision you can make with your husband THATS IT...its your family...do what is the best for you guys...

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 12:44 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i think you and husband need to talk about and decide
    what do yu want to do??
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:46 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• If YOU and your DH are ready to be done, why does anyone elses opinion matter? I'm having mine done in January, I'm due with number 3 in December. We would have had them done after number 2 if we could have...

Seriously 6 kids is more than enough for anyone, no one can fault you for wanting to be done. If you want to be done, have them tied. If not, try for number 7, but really, I say be happy with what you have.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:47 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• well are you guys done..If it was me I would have him get a vasectomy because between you both you have 6 kids. I have 3 and my SO had a vasectomy. But you guys should dicsuss if you are done and the procedure.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:47 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I got 10 myself plus a step child and a godchild and 3 nephews we got custody over ( had 8 nphews but 5 moved out)! I love them all and wouldnt change it for the world! i dont have my tubes tied because my DH and I are open to more children ( we arent trying but if it happens it happens) so its all up to you and your SO, if you love kids and see more in the future then i wouldnt. but if you cant handle any morethen go for it,
    Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 12:49 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• This is all between you and your Husband.. Outside of this Family should not come involved in this. I had mine tied after my youngest, was born. ( she turned 21 today) But i did it becuasemy mom got involved.. after i had it done, then i started to regret it. ( depression got worse then what it was) Becareful and be ready.
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 12:49 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• If you and dh want to be doen with kids then go ahead. Don't take anyone else wishes on this one.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 1:22 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Probably Yep
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 1:27 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I feel the same way my husband wants me to tie my tubes i am gonna be 28 in october and we are having our third. I really dont want to so i might just tell him no and go back on bc
    proffittkim2001

Answer by proffittkim2001 at 6:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I would STRONGLY SUGGEST that you wiat to have anything permanant done. My Husband and I had a vasectomy before we were ready and we had to pay for a reversal out of of own pocket. Thankfully, God has blessed us again and we are pregnant with our first reversal baby. This is not something to take lightly. Please take the time to think about it.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:21 PM on Sep. 21, 2010