How many here are adoptive parents?

you judge and critized women who have abortion but how many have adopted those unwanted children born because the mother was scare into having them? How many ahve adopted crack babies? aids babies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I hope to be someday, I would really like to be a foster parent too. I would never judge anyone that has an abortion, and I am pro life
    gavrilmom

Answer by gavrilmom at 7:53 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I'm not sure who you're talking about that's judged or how many women you mean that were scared into having their babies, but I am the proud mother of four adopted daughters. I didn't adopt them at birth, but I sure wish I could have. They were severely neglected and abused. My youngest had a crusted up diaper and roaches on her and my second to oldest was 4 years old and weighed 19 pounds when they were removed from their home.
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 7:35 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I am the adoptive mother of three children. I don't judge or criticize those that have had abortions, but am am pro-life and would love to see Roe vs. Wade over turned.
    joy2bamom

Answer by joy2bamom at 7:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I am planning on adopting some day. We are going to wait until my hubby is out of the Army before we decide to expand our family any further. And I worked as a teacher before I had my first son, I taught special needs Pre-K, there are lots of wonderful people out there who adopt children with special needs. I worked with one mom who had adopted a family of 4 boys, all with varying degrees of FAS and all with behavioral problems as a result. The older boys had also witnessed their uncle kill one of their little brothers (the uncle threw a 2 year old against a wall). I only taught for a few months (since I gave birth during the school year), but to have already had a run in with a mom like that tells me there are likely many more.
    Anonymous

• if all the pro-lifers would adopt there would not be so many children in the foster care system.
    Anonymous

• I am raising my stepson. His mother doesn't want him she did drugs and drank when she was pregnant with him. Hubby and I intercepted Child Services and got to him first. We intend on fully adopting another little boy since we have three girls and two boys. But, right now my SS needs to get better under control before we take on another child with issues. It is usually NOT the mothers that are drug addicts that are the ones having abortions anyways, it is the women that don't have time or money for them. I am pro-life and I think EVERY baby should be tested for drugs at birth and every mother during pregnancy.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Are you insinuating that crack babies and aidsbabies are somehow more needy than the children I adopted? Children who were starved, beaten, left unsupervised in a filthy, infested hovel? How dare you.! A child in need is a child. It isn't about race, or disease. It is about neglected and abused children. Unwanted children.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

Anonymous

There would not be so many children in the foster care system if their biological parents wouldn't abuse them. These children end up in foster care through no fault of their own. They just want parents to love them and care for them. It's really a shame that some people have no regard for their own flesh and blood.
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 8:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• if all the pro-lifers would be allowed to adopt, there might be reason to 'shame' them into the process, but because of stringent laws/regulations on adoptive parents, some aren't able to live their convictions. my husband has a felony on his record (he attempted to burn down his business while deep into drug/alcohol addiction 15 years ago..he's 11+yrs sober, YAH!), so we are unable to foster/adopt (according to ark state law)unwanted babies/children from unwilling would-be mothers, raped/crack/aids/etc. if you want everyone to stand by their pro-life convictions, you must be willing to stand by yours, and help change the laws/regulations..not just assume all pro-lifers aren't willing. also, adoption is expensive, some folks can't afford to adopt those babies that others can't afford to have. its a two-way street, op. even now, in ark, we have a proposition on the ballot concerning adoption. (cont)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• ..its stupid, really; it will decide whether or not to allow cohabitating couples (straight/gay) to adopt. you can adopt if you're single, but someone wants to make sure you are married, under the eyes of the law. see what i mean...the law won't allow what you think is so easily obtained.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:22 PM on Oct. 19, 2008