weight gain...

my pre-pregnancy weight was 155 and i'm now 24 weeks pregnant and weigh 181. is this healthy? and if not what can i do to help it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT AT THIS POINT, JUST TRY TO EAT HEALTHY AS YOU CAN. EVERYBODY GAINS A DIFFERENT AMOUNT AT DIFFERENT STAGES IN THEIR PREGNANCY.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 7:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Watch ur saturated fat, and make sure its under at least 3. Trans fat should be 0 They say the fat is higher because the saturated fat is lower. No pop, less breads, and less pastas, more fruits and veggies. Cut down alot on pizza if u eat it, and just maybe go online and see some healthy recipies or look online for pregnancy foods maybe?
    Anonymous

• I was right there with you! I ended up gaining 86 lbs because I simply never even felt satisfied. I literally felt like I was STARVING all of the time! Just remember you're not starving and eat 6 small healthy meals a day. You will be miserable but if you want to avoid as much as I gained I would suggest it.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 7:56 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I gained all my weight in the last month or so... (about 60 pounds!) I had preeclampsia and some other medical problems. but I also ate anything and everything. My doctor didn't even tell me to slow down. she only said don't eat fast food, canned food or frozen foods... so fresh stuff only. and portion control..
    as long as your baby is fine you're fine... if you're worried just watch what you eat. snack on fruits or veggies in between meals.
    good luck.
    chscris04

Answer by chscris04 at 8:10 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I was 114 (and extremely athletic) when i started with my son, and ended up gaining just about 50 lbs. My son weighed in at 10 pounds and 24 inches, so he accounted for part of the excess weight, but my doctors just said that because I was underweight when I started, the 50 pounds i gained were ok. So in some cases, gaining more than recommended is fine. But still, I wish I had kept better control, because it was very hard to lose the weight afterwards.
    Anonymous

• Thanks ANON, i was wondering the same thing,
    Im bigger than a whale,
    Anonymous

• I'm 29 weeks and that's about what I've put on. My doc was always on my ass about it with my first pregnancy and it drove me nuts. Now they are on me again. I eat healthy though, so I don't know why I gain so much. I swear I could eat cucumbers and carrots all day and still gain a ton! I wouldn't stress about it. I used to cry for days my doctor would make me feel so horrible, but now I tell her I just don't give a crap. As long as you are eating healthy, you'll be fine. Some people just gain more than others. I didn't have any trouble losing my weight the first time around, so I hope it's just as easy this time. I have actually gained less the second time around so far. I put on about 60 lbs with my first pregnancy.
    FertMert

Answer by FertMert at 10:56 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• in the beginning of my pregnancy i was gaining a ton of weight and i almost worried it was too much, but now its slowed way down towards the end. as long as ur baby is a healthy weight and the doctor hasnt said ur gaining too much then ur fine. u cant try to lose weight while ur pregnant, just eat healthy and worry about it after the baby comes.
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 20, 2008