how can i stop a baby from hurting when i have tried everything from doctors to home remedies

tried pedialite tried rice cereal and tried bouncing her rocking her pacifiers and car rides nothing helps

GQ17

Asked by GQ17 at 7:05 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• WHAT IS HURTING HER? EARS? TUMMY?
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 7:06 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Well first you have to tell us what is the problem? belly aches? how old is your baby? how do you know the baby is hurting?
    Pat-S

Answer by Pat-S at 7:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• With no other info, I would try tylenol.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:17 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• well pedialyte and rice shouldn't be given to a one month old no matter what anyways so whatever is wrong was just made worse by those 2 things....whats wrong? How is she hurting?
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 7:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• What hurts? How old? What did the doctor say? We need more info!!
    dhhaj

Answer by dhhaj at 7:19 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• ditto to the other two... we can't give advice if we don't know what the problem is. If it is gas or constipation you can get the little babies gas stuff at the store to help with that or constipation there are suppositories at the drug store for infants you use to help them poop - it isn't fun cuz they wil poop right then. I am assuming you have a colic baby and are at your wits end which is why you didn't leave much details. I rub my babies tummy in a clockwise circle to help her. Digestion happens clockwise which is why this helps some. I just started using the drops to help with gas bubbles. I had to use the suppositories for my son because he had gas and constipation from formula.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 7:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I just saw your page, you just joined? You have a one month old, we can't advise at all, you must contact a doctor, you don't even know if a one month old is hurting, she just may be crying. If she has a fever or ANYTHING she needs to go to ER RIGHT NOW!!!

Do not give her any OTC remedies, any medication not specifically for her from her doctor!!!
    dhhaj

Answer by dhhaj at 7:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2008