DO YOU BELEIVE IN WITNESSING FOR YOUR FAITH... READ BELOW!

I agree with witnessing.. I however wonder why it is that in today's society there are MILLIONS who claim the savior's name.... They swear they said a little prayer once... But still go on living like they belong to the kingdom of hell... HOW CAN THAT BE?

When people got saved under Paul, Jesus and Peter etc... THERE WAS REPENTANCE! They had a CHANGE OF LIFE... why isn't that happening today? I blame this "Microwave salvation/ Romans Road Doctrine" People are urged to say a prayer... AND POOF Their supposed to be saved. Look at Saul/Paul's conversion(Jesus), The woman at the well(Jesus), And the blind man at the temple (Paul and John) There was no .. FOLLOW ME IN THIS PRAYER.. The person was brought through the law to a point of seeing themselves as God himself saw them and they REPENTED AND God changed their lives.... Why isn't that happening now?
So what is the purpose of the current ROMANS Road.. IF IT ISN'T WORKING?

MAKEMYDAY101

Asked by MAKEMYDAY101 at 1:07 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I think you have two different questions there. As for witnessing, I think the best witness you can be is the example you lead with your life. If you profess to be a follower of Christ (or any other belief out there, really) and your actions show differently, people can see that.

As for saying a prayer and not changing lifestyle, the prayer should be the beginning. In the New Testament we are taught to hear the word, believe, repent (turn away from the sin), be baptized and continue in the faith. Living the faith! True, not all behaviors will be dropped instantaneously, but I believe you can if you ask God's help. One man I knew did drugs, drank, the whole bit. He asked God to help and he stopped drugs and drinking the night he was baptized. Never went back to them.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 2:45 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Nope... I am Kemetic. The Gods find it insulting when one attempts to do their job for them....I live my life as they have ordained and if another is pulled to them simply by chance then, that is what happened.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 2:45 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Our pastor is ADAMANT about this point. He has preached on it many times! He refuses to tell anyone to follow him in a prayer. He will be there while the person says their own prayer if they choose too...but the idea of saying the same thing that the pastor says to say is ludicrous.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 1:10 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I believe the Romans Road in a good place to start, but disagree wholeheartedly with those that think saying a scripted prayer is all you need. If fact we're having revival this week and that was one of the points of the preacher. You can say the prayer, but if it's not accompanied by true repentance, it doesn't mean anything.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 1:16 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I'm not a christian, but as someone who is subject to others "witnessing" I find it to be nothing more than feeding one's own ego. TRUE witnessing, IMO, is simply living your life with the love in your heart. (if that love is the love from your god, what better example then?!) If your love is pure, without bitterness, it will be the best example possible for anyone to come in contact with you.
    Just MO though:)
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 4:21 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• My witness is living for Christ every day and him living in me... that through me he is a witness to all I meet.
    kamore

Answer by kamore at 1:31 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I witness all the time thats what Jesus told people to do I just keep in mind that scripture where is says Faith without works is dead!
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 2:14 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• WOW!!

no wonder the non-believers sit back and shake their heads.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:48 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• No.

I find "witnessing" to be rude and ego-centric.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:40 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Its simple... discipleship and most importantly telling them who they are in Christ. Loving them through their messes! Salvation is not just one prayer and btw thats not even in the bible. All it says is believe in your HEART and confess with your MOUTH that Jesus is Lord. Simple! Problem is man makes everything so complicated. We have churches still stuck in religion mode rather than getting into Grace mode. So its no wonder people leave churches and go back into the world.
    Its not about the Roman's road... thats tradition. Its about believing that He loves you and allowing that in and believing who you are in Him, loved, cherish, treasured, daughter , son, child of God. Its about knowing the Father's love. When you get to this point you won't want to practice sin but walk toward His love daily. Sadly not all churches teach the Father's Love and the Law of Grace!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:42 PM on Sep. 21, 2010