Do Chewy CC Cookies make you sick?

Every time I eat one of the Chewy Chocolate Chip cookies (any brand) I feel like I am going to throw up afterward. Do they do this to anyone else?

Misteh

Asked by Misteh at 1:10 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Food & Drink

• The reason they're chewy is because they get cooked less than others. Pretty much all cookie batters contain eggs. When you put that together, you're pretty much eating undercooked eggs, which of course can give you salmonella poisoning. In that small of a dose, most poeples stomach acid levels would defeat the virus, but if you're getting stomach aches, it most likely means your acidity is low. As for a rememdy, there is a dietary supplement you can take called asidophyllus (I know I didnt spell that right, lol). Basically, your stomach contains a certain virus that helps you digest harsh foods. This pill is a reinforcement of those little guys and will help you digest your foods. You can take it at the first signs of stomach pain and it'll take a few minutes to kick in OR you can take it before eating food that are hard for you to digest (like the cookies).
    Hope this helps :D
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 1:29 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i make them myself. other than the shortbread cookies i don't care for store bought.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 1:22 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• No, they don't . LOL. I love them -home made or store bought. The chewier the better. Lots of chips. Yummmmmy.
    I'm sorry they make you sick!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:26 PM on Sep. 21, 2010