necessary dr. check ups?

I havent had my son in for his yealry check up since he was 2.5 years old. We havent had insurance, and when I called his ped. office when he turned 3, they said he didnt need to come in for anything unless I felt it necessary. Well, we are coming up on his 4 year. I dont see any reason to take him in. I havent called them yet, but just wondering.. do 4 year old have any vaccines due, etc?? Otherwise, I probably wont be taking him in again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• nope, nothing is needed for a while
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 7:25 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Mhh.. strange. I have to bring my child to the ped. office at least once every 6months for regular check-ups... And it keeps going like that until she starts school in 4.5 years ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:28 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Mine had to have 4 vaccines at 4 yrs...my grandkids. DPT, IPV, MMR and varicella booster
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:08 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• my daughter has never gone for "regular" checkups either..except when she was a baby of course..i went to get her shots, and thats it..as for shots, they dont get the next ones til theyre about to enter kindergarten..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:28 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Yeah i just took my son for his 3 year check up and he received a shot because he was behind (due to not having insurance for awhile) but his dr. said normally he would've been done with shots by his 2nd birthday and that he's good to go until he enters kindergarten.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 5:29 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I just took my son in for his 4yr check up and he recieved 4 shots. you may want to call you ped and ask
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 7:10 PM on Oct. 22, 2008