my daugher keeps telling

me me "no" in a funny way. she doesnt understand what shes saying. but she shakes her head and everything and says it to me. what can i do to make her understand what " no" means with out having to be too firm. shes only 10 monthy

raegansmommy120

Asked by raegansmommy120 at 7:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You can't really,

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 8:40 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Seriously... you can't... she is just learning to form her words, she has no comprehension.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 9:06 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Its an easy word and she has learned it. Your tone means more to her than the actual word itself. Using the word no in a deeper voice to catch her attention and then diverting her attention is more effective than trying to get a baby to understand the actual meaning of the word. She/he doesn't really right now and there isn't much you can do to change that at this point.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 9:30 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I know that some people get upset over there kids telling them no. I see it has it is there voice and if you listen to them then they won't get nasty about it. There are times when this won't work but most of the time it does.
    mylilredheadboy

Answer by mylilredheadboy at 9:23 AM on Oct. 20, 2008