How can i get my mother in law to quit feeding my 9 month old food that I'm not ready or feel he's not ready to try??

Don't want to come across bossy, she's actually a very wonderful mother in law but i dont want to step on any toes and definately am picky about what 'real" foods he's trying.

HuntersMom25

Asked by HuntersMom25 at 1:21 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I understand how you feel. Just give her a list of foods that you approve of and tell her (politely) to only feed from that list. If she refuses and continues to do what she wants, you may have to limit contact.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:23 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• If you have a good relation with her, so tell her how you feel, and ask the Dr. if the food your baby is eating is good to eat at this age.
    Good luck
    Culikgada

Answer by Culikgada at 1:23 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• This should do it :D

Fork Pictures, Images and Photos

LMAO!

Really the only thing you can do it tell her. My baby MY rules. Do it now, before it is too late!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:24 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• In a polite way, just say, " Oh you feeding that??? We are not starting that yet.." and say it with a smile.. ANd then say, " maybe in a few weeks" " I will bring you over a list of food that we are feeding the baby, for you so you know what she/he can eat. This will make it easier" No questions asked..
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 1:24 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Just give her a list of what you are willing to let him have. If she cannot stick to that list, she does not get to keep him or feed him when you are there. She needs to realize that YOU are the mom and NOT her.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:24 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• have you talked to her about it? i mean by the age of nine months their wasn't a kind of food my kids hadn't had. but if your worried about allergies then you had best sit down and have a heart to heart talk. tell her how you feel along with how much you think she is wonderful. maybe she doesn't know how you really feel.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 1:24 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Dang... My GIF didn't work...

stab Pictures, Images and Photos
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:25 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• ya know i talked to my in laws about this several times. and so did my husband. we even got a little angry with her. nothing seemed to work. she would wait until we let her babysit and feed her all kinds of things like ice cream and candy and cookies and soda. i'm thinking with our next baby she just wont baby sit so much if she cant follow our rules for our child.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:30 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I had the same fight with my mom. I just told her i am picky about what he eats for yada yada reason. Could you please respect me as a mother and not feed him anything without asking first. Tell her she will have plenty of time to feed him whatever she wants in the future, but now you would like to give all foods or atleast ok them. My mom listened.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:48 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Without mentioning names, LOL someone on my hubby's die once gave my 10 month old son coffee with his biscotti cookies. I was so angry! My hubby told her not to ever do that again.............................
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 1:50 PM on Sep. 21, 2010