For those of you w/ indoor cats where do you keep your litter box?

I am currently pregnant which makes my sense of smell even stronger and I cannot stand the smell of the kitty litter! We've had this cat for 8 years now and it has never bothered me as bad until now. We have one of those Littermaid Automatic Kitty Litter boxes so it scoops itself which is great and it stores it in a little plastic container. We empty the container when it is full & put a new one up. We use baking soda & Arm & Hammer Litter Spray for odor control but it is still awful! I don't know what else to do about the odor and where to keep the box so that it isn't smelling up rooms in our house. It is currently in our bedroom b/c we don't have a laundry room & our bathrooms aren't big enough to keep it in. Any suggestions or help please?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Pets

• We live in an apartment and keep the liter box in the bathroom.. Have to clean it out once per day. Sometimes 2x.
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 1:25 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• In our garage. Just remember when you're pregnant, stay away from the litter. Leave it to your SO to change.

I love our cats, but after they are gone, that's it. Can't stand litterboxes. We had two of those Littermaid Automatics, but they quit working on us after awhile. I got so pissed, LOL. They aren't cheap!
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:27 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I have it in their kennel in the kitchen. I clean it, it seems, a million times a day so my house doesn't stink. My bathroom isn't big enough for it in there and my kids would ply in it.
    jojolicious220

Answer by jojolicious220 at 1:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i have an inside cat n her litter box stays in the bathroom n it gets empty every signal time that she uses it.
    flmontgomery

Answer by flmontgomery at 1:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• As a non-pet owner, I find it disgusting when people have the littler box in the guest bathroom.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 1:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• We use to keep it in the garage and keep the garage door a little open to get in and out. 

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 1:29 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• We have ours in our storage room downstairs by the laundry room. I hate doing laundry because of the smell but know that soon it will not bug me again.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:29 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• when we had an apartment and had to keep it in the bathroom too now in our house its in the basement in the laundry room
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:29 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• In a closet in a bedroom. Maybe if you have a younger child that doesn't use their room much or an older child that knows not to bother it.. Just make sure it is cleaned enough so that it doesn't make clothes smell! This is what we had to do when we lived in a smaller apartment.
    amandem

Answer by amandem at 1:29 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• We keep ours in out laundry room, however when we lived at our apartment we kept it in the kitchen under the table....that might seem nasty, but our kitchen was too small to eat in, so we ate in the living room.
    KnitWit0686

Answer by KnitWit0686 at 1:30 PM on Sep. 21, 2010