Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

military cs

my exhas been in the military for 8mo if i took him back to court what would they consider as his income ?
bha and base pay or just base pay ?
i'm not money hungry i was just laid off and am now on unemployment the last time we went to court he was unemployed( he quit his job the day he was served) so they only have him paying 152.00 a month
does anyone know if this is a fair amount ? i never really thought about it because i was making a decent living and it being so low didn't bother me

additional info
i live in ok.
and he is stationed in ft sill
i dont want to waste the time going back to court if they are only going to tell me to deal
any advise will help


Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • I dealt with this when I was on active duty and my daughter's biological father was not paying cs. I went to JAG, explained the situation, they did a formula based on his paygrade and that he did not live in the barracks. You will definitely get what your family is entitled to. The military is very black and white about things like this.

    Answer by Izsarejman at 2:05 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

  • Child support is determined by how much he makes a month. I don't know what bha stands for, but if it's income, it would be counted.

    Answer by HotMama330 at 1:42 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

  • It depends on how many kids he is supporting. For one child, it's 1/6 of his gross pay. BAH and all of that won't be included because the rate fluctuates and any special duty pay is only temporary.

    Answer by Izsarejman at 1:53 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

  • He should be getting BAH w/ differential if he lives in the barracks.

    Answer by Izsarejman at 1:57 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

  • Also, go through the JAG and they will tell you the amount he is required to pay. It's a lot more than what you are getting assuming he is an E3 or below.

    Answer by Izsarejman at 1:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

  • You have lost me.. something was left out.. What would he be paying you for. IS there a child involoved?

    Answer by Airforce3mom at 1:41 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

  • Bha - that is basic housing allowance.. Do you understand why he gets this? BECAUSE he has dependents he is claiming... EX. Your child... and if you are married then you too. The way it works is - he gets his paychecks at the 1st and 15th of every month. Our basic housing allowance with my husband in the marines is about 1010. We get half of that added to the first paycheck then the other half added to the second paycheck. Online are the pay charts for what rank he is... which should be much but ranks are very different in the usmc than the army, so I could not tell you about his actual amount made per month. Your child should also be on his insurance policy that he is provided for being in the military. >Tricare< I will tell you that some of this stuff a civilian lawyer or civilian court isn't going to want to address. To actually get a pretty fair amount - you would need to talk to JAG lawyers... They know what you deserve.

    Answer by ajc88 at 1:56 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

  • ALSO! You can google the Army Pay chart to see what he makes if you know his rank and the amount of his service time that he has been in....

    You can also google to find a website that can calculate the amount of bha he gets by putting in what location he is at.. along with rank... and military branch.


    Answer by ajc88 at 1:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

  • go to court to be sure

    Answer by mekarevell at 5:13 AM on Sep. 22, 2010